Loo Situation: Building an extension

KimWilde

Hi. We are planning a substantial extension to our home soon. Most of
our current house will remain undisturbed, but we will loose our only
bathroom. The build will last a few months and we also have a baby.
Anyone any ideas or suggestions to get around this other than moving/renting /living in a caravan as this would be quite costly.

Thanks in advance.

Have you a spare room the builder could set up a temporary bathroom in? We're getting a temporary kitchen set up while our extension is being built although I know a bathroom would need more extensive plumbing etc.

Thanks Toby. Might be able to work something out in the nursury with the builder (not many bathroms feature 'bob the builder' wallpaper). I was hoping someone might know of a portaloo-shower solution..

Mary - Builders usually bring and set up a Port-a-Loo if your w.c./running water is not going to be available. They need lavatory facilities themselves, after all, whilst on site. During my own 'baptism of fire' when the builders were putting in a new bathroom I used a combination of (a) good neighbours for weekend and evening showers/loo-use and (b) FREQUENT visits to the local swimming-pool where you can have a good hot shower after your swim.

Good point Marie, thanks for the info. i will refrain from panicking till we speak to the builder. Cheers all.

Back