lone parent

M

manryann

hi,

iv recently split from my partner and iv moved out with my 1 year old baby, i was then made redundant from my job a couple of weeks later, i applied for lone parent and to collect my stamps in which im getting now still waiting to hear about the lone parent descion..iv applied for rent allowance which i got quick enough so that was a relief but my ex my daughters father has decided to stop giving mainteance coz he feels like it,i heard about legal aid and plan to go in to get a court order for mainteance does anyone know is there any special payments you can for clothes stair gates etc...things are very tight now and not just the babys clothes i heard the the cwo can give once off special payments is this true ..? and secondly if you are collecting your stamps can you get lone parents at the same time or even a reduced payment ...thanks

If you are claiming Jobseeker's Benefit, when your One Parent Family Payment comes through you can continue to get half-rate JB as long as you meet the criteria for signing (looking for work) up until the time your JB finishes (either 9 or 12 months).

The CWO may assist with the cost of once-off exceptional items, each case is dealt with separately so it's not an automatic entitlement.

Back