Lodging UK cheques?

ilean

Hi
I hope someone here can help me

I am with Halifax for the following reason
I work for UK companies who pay me in UK cheques and Halifax will let me lodge these by post and do not charge me any fee for this service-unlike my normal bank PTSB who took a % off each cheque in fees.

Now it is approx £1000 (pounds) a month and due to Halifax closing I need to find a new account for my cheques-any account will do with any bank as long as I dont have to pay fees. I have contactedd a few banks and been told they will not accept UK cheques even if made out to by name so if anyone can suggest any account/bank that I can use please can you let me know.
I am a sole trader so if anyone knows of a business account that would suit I am open to that aswell.

Many thanks

In the same boat but not for the same amounts.
Had an Sterling account with NIB which I used to avoid conversion charges for divis on UK shares.
Could withdraw cash out of the account (for going to UK), the only downside was didn't get any interest on it but decided the lack of any charges offset this loss.
Then they brought in a £50 fee per quarter for the account (obviously wanted me to close it).
Would have wiped the principal in a couple of years so withdrew cash and closed it.
Would like to know if there's anywhere (fee free) out there?
Also have an amount of money in Ebay in Sterling which I don't want to convert to Euro, is there any way to withdraw this in Sterling cash in Ireland?

Back