Lodging an application of first registration with land registry.

L

lakerslady

I am with a solicitor for the last 4 years trying to build a case to lodge for land registry to get first registration ( I need registration for planning permission). The usually case of parents died with no will. So I am trying to registry the land. I was in with my solicitor before Christmas only for him to tell me the land registry wasn’t accepting any application’s impending a European court case just when we got the whole thing together. I logged on the to land registry first week in Jan and phoned them they said they where now accepting the applications. Went back to my solicitor and he said "no there not" I feel like hitting he with a hammer :mad: . Is anyone else is the same position.

Ask your solicitor to check again, the land registry are now accepting the applications. Should get it in asap because legistlation is on the way which may mean that all these applications have to go to the high court - lots more expense. There was an article in the law soc gazette recently about this.

Back