Liverpool airport

S

setanta

horray for ryanair making liverpool one of their european basis. lovely little airport, only about 20 mins from dublin or belfast. and more choice of destinations provided that you dont mind two flights. And no I dont work for them.

Re: ryanair ( again)

Hi Setanta,
I'm a fan of Ryanair but remember they do exactly what they say on the tin. They're a point to point carrier. If you fly Dublin--Liverpool--Location X and any part of this is cancelled/delayed etc, you won't get to Location X. You won't get any sympathy from Ryanair but you may get 5mins on Joe Duffy!

Sluice

Re: Liverpool (john lennon)airport

Sluice44 :yep, I know they are a point to point carrier and as long as one is aware of that etc etc. I see they are now making Shannon one of their BASES. Good for Shannon, not so good for Dublin. The reason I dont like using Dublin is because I have not got my baggage in under 1 hour in the past 2 years. On one occasion we were on a late (ish) flight in and 3 of the carousels were closed and there was still about 4 flights all on the one carousel. We waited over an hour on a midweek non busy period. I HATE Dublin airport. Liverpool on the other hand is a lovely little airport. And Easyjet have a base there.

Hi Setanta,

thanks for the tip about Liverpool. May I suggest that you edit the title of the thread to Liverpool Airport? This way the thread can continue with out degenerating into another Ryanair debate.
ajapale

Re: Liverpool (john lennon)airport

Lovely little airport alright! Remember having to fly in to connect with a flight to Alicante some years ago - Alicante flight was taking off as we landed - about 20 of us had to stay overnight (at our own expense) in Liverpool but that turned out to be a funny experience. We went for this very odd buffet indian meal in a really gothic mansion overlooking a park. Would like to visit Liverpool again - heard that it is really up and coming these days.

Back