Key Post List of identical policies from the same company with different prices

MB05

Maybe we should have a thread that lists these similar policies and every time we find one add it, at least that way we can direct anyone that checks AAM to look at the cheaper alternatives. Help each other narrow the search.

MB

Great idea. Can I suggest the following criteria

1) Comparing two or more policies from the same company i.e. don't compare a Laya policy with a VHI policy.
2) The cheaper policy must have identical or better cover.

We don't want a thread saying "Laya Silver is better value than Laya Gold because for €1,000 less premium, you have a €300 per day excess".

Brendan

Laya's Company Care Plus: €1711.77
Laya's Company Care No Excess: €1646.74

versus
Laya Total Health Select: €1523.80 (price applies from 01/12/2014)

Total Health Select is a superior plan to both of the Company Care options.
I cannot find a single category on the HIA listing where Total Health Select has inferior cover.

HIA comparison of plans available here:
[broken link removed]

ps PM me with additional Laya plans to add here if you feel they are inferior to Total Health Select but at a higher premium, and I will edit this original post.

Last edited:
AVIVA BUSINESS PLAN COMPLETE. €1,995.70

AVIVA HEALTH PLAN 28. €1,393.30

These plans are virtually identical, in fact the inpatient cover for the Beacon is better with the Health Plan.

I've just saved 70 euro per adult by changing from Laya Simply Health (Excess) to Laya Simply Health Plus and the cover is identical

I've just changed to Connect Choice making even more of a saving with increased benefits in some areas so thank you Mexicola

Is there not a thread almost identical to this already? This just complicates matters further.

Back