List of discounted variable rate interest only mortgages?

ivorystraws

Is there a central source for obtaining/comparing the various discounted variable rate interest only mortgages currently on offer?

The newspaper lists normally have them - e.g. today's Irish Times property supplement. Why are you looking at these? You would be better off looking for the most competitive standard variable or tracker rate rather than one or two years discounted rates. The latter often come from lenders who are not competitive for the bulk of the mortgage term.

I agree that I would be better off looking at the most competitive standard variable or tracker rate if I was not intending on changing again in the future, however, this is not the case and I intend to change once the discounted period is up. I wouldn't ever stay with a vendor who was not competitive ratewise. The costs involved in remortgaging or changing mortgage provider is often partially covered by the vendors. I wanted to check them out so thanks for the tip as I already checked the Indo for it but discounted variable rates aren't listed.

The costs involved in remortgaging or changing mortgage provider is often partially covered by the vendors.
Many lenders who subsidise or subsume the remortgaging/switching costs will claw them back if you move again in a certain period of time, often five years. You might be better off choosing the most competitive rate (ideally a tracker rate) up front and not planning in advance to switch until such time as it is warranted.

OK, yea, I see your point. Well I guess I'll have to weigh up the pro's and con's. Don't some Mortgage brokers also offer these remortgage type subsidies also... wouldn't they be a better option in such a case i.e. would there still be a clawback involved?

Back