Lightyear Paying 3.25% Instant Access, No Fees & 20k Protection

1. Can you transfer direct from eTrade to Lightyear or is that not possible? The less banks involved the lower chance of US wire fees.

A tenner's worth of free stock of your choice, when you deposit 50 euro.
Thanks. Can I have a code please.

I may put some money in therr as I am getting nothing from my bank.
Juat one question before I do, is it easy to get money out of the account?

If I signed up to Lightyear using a referral link, would I have to invest in a stock with the free €10 or could I leave it uninvested to earn the 2.25% interest on it? I currently have €50k in Trade Republic but I'm thinking of potentially transferring €20k of that into Lightyear for the higher interest rates which still remaining protected. Thoughts on this idea?

If I signed up to Lightyear using a referral link, would I have to invest in a stock with the free €10 or could I leave it uninvested to earn the 2.25% interest on it? I currently have €50k in Trade Republic but I'm thinking of potentially transferring €20k of that into Lightyear for the higher interest rates which still remaining protected. Thoughts on this idea?

No need to invest in stock for the referal. You can leave the cash univested.

Makes sense to put 20k in Lightyear for the higher interest.

No need to invest in stock for the referal. You can leave the cash univested.
Unfortunately @Lightning this doesn't appear to have worked as you had suggested.
In order to claim the €10 reward, it is forcing me to choose a specific stock to invest in, rather than allow me to just put the €10 into my uninvested cash instead. Is it a case that I need to pick a stock and then immediately sell it or would that require further admin in terms of tax implications?

Unfortunately @Lightning this doesn't appear to have worked as you had suggested.
In order to claim the €10 reward, it is forcing me to choose a specific stock to invest in, rather than allow me to just put the €10 into my uninvested cash instead. Is it a case that I need to pick a stock and then immediately sell it or would that require further admin in terms of tax implications?

I would guess that there might be tiny CGT implications. I guess the gain is 10 EUR so I guess there is CGT due on the gain of you exceed the annual allowance.

Hi Guys
I noticed that they will charge €100 for lodging €20,000, is there a way to avoid this?
Any response appreciate.

So can you just deposit 20k and get interest at 2.25% while it’s sitting in your account and not having to invest it? So no risk?
Also how is tax on the 2.25% handled is it subject to DIRT?

So can you just deposit 20k and get interest at 2.25% while it’s sitting in your account and not having to invest it? So no risk?
Also how is tax on the 2.25% handled is it subject to DIRT?

No requirement to invest.

Deposit interest is paid gross. You need to declare the interest to the Revenue.

20k is protected via insurance. Client Money is held in a segregated account. FCA and EU regulated.

Is their any other way of transferring other than Revolut? I normally use AIB so would prefer to transfer directly If I can but if not I can go through Revolut
Thanks

Hi guys.
Just opened an account there and was about to transfer 1000e but revolut put a block on it saying 99.2% chance of a scam.any thoughts

Hi guys.
Just opened an account there and was about to transfer 1000e but revolut put a block on it saying 99.2% chance of a scam.any thoughts
If the URL you used to sign-up started with https://www.golightyear.com/go/ you should be fine... if not, well.
Why not transfer a smaller amount instead, like €1, from within the Lightyear app (using the "Easy Bank Transfer" option)? That will be instant.

Last edited:
Hi guys.

I have had multiple legit transactions blocked by Revolut before.

Double check the IBAN and ensure you are using the official go-lightyear app.

If all is good, then just unblock it.

Hi guys.
I got this, transferred it anyway and it showed up in my Lightyear account. Revolut made me watch a couple of videos on scams before I could send it

Back