Life Insurance

S

september05

I am currently getting mortgage protection life assurance (level term) and have previously had an STI (HPV - non-life threatening but with a possible (very minor) increased risk of cancer). It was treated in 2001. Do I have to put this on the Q&A on the application form - am I right in thinking that this would be a "material" admission? Is it a personal matter that they don't really have to know about. If I put it down will it affect my chance of getting life insurance and/or affect my premium?Many thanks.

You are legally obliged to correctly answer all questions on a life proposal form, if you omit this information, and then have to subsequently make a claim against the policy, your claim is very likely to be invalid due to non disclosure and therefore a complete waste of your money you have paid in premiums. its best to be honest and upfront , depending on the severity of your illness, it may or may not affect your premium.

read the questions carefully and truthfully answer them. you may not have to mention this. Most companies ask about previous illnesses treatments etc, but they tend to have a time limit. You are not obliged to give any moer information than is required. Having said that there is a portion of the proposal form for what they term 'information you may feel relevant'.

Okay thanks for that, I can bear it in mind. Another point I don't know about is, what happens if you die and you don't have the adequate life insurance or they don't pay out - does the bank automatically take your house or if you have another life policy can this be used to pay off the mortgage (assuming the insurance company pay out on this one) or can a spouse (who is not on the mortgage) take over the mortgage payments after your death (if the house is willed to them), will this suffice for the bank? Is all they are interested in is getting their money one way or another?Thanks for all your help.

This Netquote link appears to be to a US site.

It's also worth noting that the only AAM posts to date by m3rryjane seem to be ringing endorsements of this Netquote site. Further the actual link URL used would appear to contain an identifier so that if someone was, for example, to purchase insurance using the site, the site would record where the referral had come from. And guess what...Netquote have an affiliate programme.

Hmmm...

In case there is any confusion here I have deleted spam posted by m3rryjane from this thread and that user has been banned for breaching the .

Ravima said:
read the questions carefully and truthfully answer them. you may not have to mention this. Most companies ask about previous illnesses treatments etc, but they tend to have a time limit. You are not obliged to give any moer information than is required. Having said that there is a portion of the proposal form for what they term 'information you may feel relevant'.

just filled out a tesco life insurance form there... they wanted details of every illness or injury I have had, since birth....bit OTT....

Back