life insurance

bond-007

Got a quote recently for life insurnace/critical illness cover for myself and mrs. Bond. They (irish life) wouldn't accept Mrs. Bond becuase she has diabites and defered a decison for 6 months. In the mean time they have accepted me by myself and quoted €52 a month. We have a €150k cover.

It seems dear to me. Any other thoughts folks?

bond-007 said:
Got a quote recently for life insurnace/critical illness cover for myself and mrs. Bond. They (irish life) wouldn't accept Mrs. Bond becuase she has diabites and defered a decison for 6 months. In the mean time they have accepted me by myself and quoted €52 a month. We have a €150k cover.

It seems dear to me. Any other thoughts folks?

Irish Life would have a reputation as being one of the more expensive providers in the marketplace.

If you are dealing with a broker, they may be willing to do a 'price match' on any other quotes you might receive.

1. How old are you and Mrs. B?
  2. Do you smoke?
  3. Is it guaranteed or reviewable premium?
  4. Is it Accelerated or Stand Alone serious illness cover?
  5. Is it Joint or Dual Life?
  6. What's the term of the cover?
  7. Any benefits other than life assurance or serious illness (e.g. Permanent & Total Disablement, Waiver of premium, hospital cash etc.)
  8. Is it €150,000 on death / €150,000 on serious illness?
Sorry for all the questions but all of these are relevant before a meaningful comparison can be made.

Liam D Ferguson
www.ferga.com

LDFerguson said:
  1. How old are you and Mrs. B?
  2. Do you smoke?
  3. Is it guaranteed or reviewable premium?
  4. Is it Accelerated or Stand Alone serious illness cover?
  5. Is it Joint or Dual Life?
  6. What's the term of the cover?
  7. Any benefits other than life assurance or serious illness (e.g. Permanent & Total Disablement, Waiver of premium, hospital cash etc.)
  8. Is it €150,000 on death / €150,000 on serious illness?
Sorry for all the questions but all of these are relevant before a meaningful comparison can be made.

Liam D Ferguson
www.ferga.com
thanks there LD,

1. we are both 30
2. We don't smoke
3. I have no idea tbh.
4. Not sure tbh, i think its separate from the life cover.
5. It is dual cover.
6. 20 years.
7. nothing else.
8. yes 150K on death and 150K on illness.

Thanks

Okay, a policy covering just Mr. Bond aged 30, non-smoker, for €150,000 life cover and €150,000 serious illness (separate claims, not accelerated) for a 20 year period on a guaranteed premium basis with no indexation or other features...

Canada Life €45.10 per month
Irish Life €48.10 per month

Regards,

Liam D Ferguson
www.ferga.com

Back