Liberties or Stoneybatter?

shopgirl

Looking at cottages in both the Liberties, Dublin 8 and Stoneybatter. The houses are very similar so am just looking for opinions on the areas. Am looking at the parts of Stoneybatter close to the Grangegorman campus so it will be close to a luas stop. Thanks

stoneybatter is rapidly becoming a desirable area on the north side , no contest between the two

is the cottage in stoney around niall st ?

Last edited:
Thanks galway. I have looked at a few houses - I'm not keen on the area closest to the North Circular/Infirmary Rd but am open to most other parts!

I imagine it'll be more expensive in The Batter too....as alluded to by other poster its definitely more up and coming. Lots of restaurants/pubs newly opened.....relations recently bought 3 bed there for just over 400K.

Thanks for all that. Am leaning towards Stoneybatter & yes username houses in The Batter are a bit more expensive.

I lived in the batter for years only left to get a bigger house after kids. Loved it. Loads of nice places to eat and drink (and i'm not a hipster :) ) I would kinda agree the further down towards the luas the better. My one tip would be try to think of orientation. We had an easterly back and it made the house so dark. We would arrive home on a beautiful sunny day and walk into our dark house, i hated that. Now we didnt have a cottage, we had a 2 up 2 down so a cottage would probably be brighter.

mro - disappointed to hear you're not a hipster! Agree with you about the orientation, it's very important for me too, I found a beautiful cottage a couple of months ago but didn't go for it because of the north facing courtyard. Thanks.

Back