Liability for local property tax?

elainem

I bought a house last year in May and lived in it for several months.

My job has moved and now a neighbour has offered me the cost of the property plus the renovations I undertook.

I am thinking of accepting it, but wondered would I be liable for the property tax between May 2012 and March 2013?

I understand that to be liable for property tax, you had to own the property on or before March 31st 2012 - is this correct, and would I be liable for the property tax on this property?

Anything here?
Local Property Tax (LPT) from revenue.ie

So if you do not own your house on 1 May 2013 you are not liable for the 2013 half year Local Property Tax charge.

Perhaps you meant to ask whether you are liable for the now abolished Household Charge? In which case this (from revenue faq) might be useful.

Am I liable for local property tax?

Thanks for your reply. I should have said the Household Charge rather than the Local Property Tax. Hopefully, I will have sold the property by 1st May this year, but strangely I didn't own the property on 1st November 2012 - I'm probably one of the very few in this situaiton! So according to what you have posted above, I don't owe the Household Charge either? Am I correct in this?