LG Dual Inverter Air-to-Air heat pump issues

goosebump

I got an LG Dual Inverter air-to-air heat pump installed in 2018.

It worked well for 5 years without any issue, but this year, it packed in with a "CH 24" error, which is fairly non-descript.

A company came out an replaced a PCB. It worked again for about 10m, and then packed in with a "CH 41" error. They tweaked the setup a bit, and tried again, but it then went back to a "CH 24" error.

They are telling me they can keep looking at it, or they can replace with a whole new Dicon system for €1,700.

Should I be getting more than 5 years out of one of these? We ran it constantly during the winter months. If I have to replace it every 5 years, its not saving me any money.

Think the LG systems are supposed to have a 10 year warranty so this doesn't sound right.

Only for parts. They won't replace the unit. Lad who installed it doesn't know what's wrong with it, so doesn't know what to replace. Purely decorative at this stage.

Only for parts. They won't replace the unit. Lad who installed it doesn't know what's wrong with it, so doesn't know what to replace. Purely decorative at this stage.
You should call a different supplier. The installer sounds like he doesn't know what he's doing.

They cost €2,000 - €2,500 installed, depending on the distance between the outdoor and indoor unit.

Update on mine:

Got another lad to look at it. It said pressure switch was gone, and it would be €600 to replace it.

After he left, I ran the unit on dehumidifier mode for a few hours, as we were drying a lot of clothes in the house.

It seems to be running OK, and I tried it on heat mode again. Has been working every since (6 weeks ago). No idea what happened.

Back