letting nightmare

C

ciaraS

Hi all, first time doing this, i was just wondering could you be able to help me,
I am Currently renting a little cottage, when my partner and i moved in we thought it was perfect, were there two months now and its a nightmare.
The house is always freezing and there is only storage heating which costs a fortune if we were to leave it on all day, there is only one door at the entrance of the house and the windows at the back of the house are blocked,this is very frightning because if a fire was to start we would be trapped, plus my partner has two small children that stay at weekends, the window in there room is blocked.
There is always a damp smell in the house to.
the problem is i have signed a lease for a year, and my auctioneer isnt getting back to me on the problem.
please help !!!! :confused:

Similar situation last year and in the end moved out and gave up our deposit. For a while the management company was being very difficult and said that they would hold us to our lease. We had a fall back if it was needed in that there is a clause in the tenancy act that if you inform the landlord in writing of substantial unforeseen problems with the property and they are not fixed in a timely fashion, you are entitled to break your lease. This was the advice we got from a solicitor friend (I'm open to being corrected on that one).

The problems we had were to do with noise and repairs to fixtures that we had told them about on day one. We didn't have to go down that road however as they let us leave anyway (and we were glad to go).

thank you for you information,
will i be entitiled to my deposit back???

i have been intouch about the other problems,example the shower was broke the first two weeks, now other little problems have been fixed its the heating problem which can not be solved,
with the rent being so expensive we have a fire on all the time
but its still feezing

Check your contract, there may be a clause allowing you to end the lease early upon sufficent notice.

Back