Wrong forum Let go from job and wife working....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1

Hi guy's,

I'm posting this on behalf of my sister & her husband as they are not really computer savvy.....

Basically my brother-in-law has been working since he was 16 or so (now in his thirties) but just there last week he lost his current job in which he worked for a year and a half. The guy worked in construction and he a pretty good wage per week, and as of this he and his family like many had a few loans out for car, insurance ect..... I also think they re-mortaged the house a couple years back.
Anyway, when he was let go last week he went to the social welfare and they "processed" his claim to a certain extent but he still needs his p45 which he is getting from the Tax Office tomorrow, but in the mean time he went to the relieving officer and she told him that as his wife is earning €600 per week that he is entitled to nothing and she can't help him.
He is up the wall to say the least.

So just wondering if any of you guy's know under his circumstances if he would be entitled to anything.... The have a mortage/car loans ect.... She is earning €600 per week, he was earning close to €1,000 and now he has nothing.
He is working prob over 20 years on the trot, but only a year and a half in his current job, will he have enough stamps to claim anything at all ? More to the point, is he entitled to anything at all ?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back