Leona Maguire

joer

Well done to Leona on a fantastic debut in the Solheim Cup. First Irish girl to compete in this sport and she showed how talented she is . Four and a half points out of five games which is another record. I hope she has a fantastic career in golf.

Great performance by Leona last weekend in helping Europe retain the Solheim Cup , just. Brilliant player.

Am armchair fan like I am with any Irish person who does well . ( the fact that I play golf probably makes me more interested in how well Leona is doing. )
I will also be cheering on the Europeans especially Rory and Shane in the Ryder Cup this weekend. Also Katie Taylor will be boxing in November and I will be cheering her on in that fight even though I am not a boxing fan.
And then there is the matter of Saturday week, of course..

I like golf but I don’t get the hype surrounding the Ryder Cup. Players getting excited at the prospect of playing for the pride of ….. Europe??? Let’s be honest, it’s really about sticking one on the Americans.

Although I will laugh at the sight of the Brits wrapping themselves in the blue and yellow flag should Europe prevail.

The players are playing to the crowds of course in the Ryder Cup just as in the Solheim Cup because for the rest of the season they will be playing alongside each other in other tournaments..

Back