Length of Time of Probate

Husssy

i had gone sale agreed on my property but unfortunately the purchaser passed away before signing of contract. having spoken to my Ea, he met the purchasers wife over the weekend and she stills wants to buy the house. Obviously her legal and financial affairs will need to be sorted. My problem is that i have a booking deposit down on a house. Any ideas on length of time involved

Nobody can tell you this. She might not need to take out probate at all. In fact she may now come into the proceeds of a life insurance policy that would mean she would be able to purchase more quickly. Or she might have to have loan offers reissued based on her sole earnings etc. It really depends on their personal financial circumstances. I'd imagine that the only thing you can do is put a time limit on when contracts must be signed by, despite the fact that I'm sure you want to be respectful of her grief, as you must ensure that you do not lose the house you want to buy etc

Thanks vanilla, hopefully probate might not be needed. Dont want to put house back on market as there was 2 bidding on my house and the second person has since bought a house. EA said that i would prob not get what i have got now. I can prob afford to wait about 2 months or so but if nothing has happened will have to put it back up. fingers crossed

Back