Legal Fees - self build

M

m&m

we have just been quoted €1800 (exl Vat) as the Professional Fee from our solicitor. On top of this we have been quoted another €500 for bank search and land registry fees. we are based in galway.

Is this very high?

No; it is actually quite reasonable.

I have given up quoting an "all in" fee for self build projects because they vary so widely. I usually quote €635 (plus V.A.T. and outlay) for a site transfer (i.e. within family) or €1,000 for a site purchase. For the stage payment mortgage, I usually quote a further €700-€1400 (plus V.A.T. and outlay). It still isn't profitable work. I would put through two straightforward housing estate purchases at €1100 each for the same effort.

can I assume that this fee will be inclusive and nothing will be added to it? does the 1800 plus vat cover everything involved?

Also does anyone know how long it takes to have a site registered in the Land Registry?

M&M

m&m,

Did you ever find out how long it takes to get a site registered with the land registry? Also did €1800 + vat cover the site transfer and stage payment from the solicitor?

Back