Dublin Legal advice on signing a franchise license contract

A

athought

Hi guys...I am on the verge of setting up a small business but to do so requires signing a franchise License contract in order to do business

the contract is very basic only 4 pages long but has alot of loose ends that need to be tied by someone with a legal contract background and drafted in such a way as to protect the interests of both parties

Does anyone have any advice or more importantly know anyone who has the skill and legal background to take a look at the contract for a competitive price?? i' have been in contacted with a few soloicitors offices but I am trying to keep costs alot lower........I have no problem for any work being done outside of office hours etc

I'm located in North Dublin

Cheers

As its a franchise licence, you have two choices IME

• sign it
  • Or don't sign it
As in all such circumstances it's a good idea to get good advice and insight in relation to what you are agreeing to, but your chances of negotiating a customised or personalised licence are very remote.

Thanks for replying, maybe I wasn't clear exactly what my situation is but the contract I have on offer is from a small forgign company that has growing organically, and it is the first time they are franchising, the language used in the contract is poor business English and their terminology is not best standards

it is also only a draft and the franchiser are happy for us to draft a better copy, thanks

Should they/you not be looking to pay for a proper translation of the original contract.

The contract is in business english, no translation is needed, just better legal speak and areas that we would like included in the contract......

it should be a relatively easy enough job for someone with a legal background to rewrite it in the best possible way ......again the franchiser is small and is giving us alot of room to draft/rewrite the contract so both parties are happy

any one know someone??

thanks

Sorry I thought a translator might be of help as you said "poor" business english.

Anyway, try Gavin Doherty at Eugene F. Collins it is a big enough firm but from past experiences their hourly charge out rates are competitive. He would be familiar with such contracts so should be able to get through it easlily enough.

Thanks for the ref....i'll check them out!

Hoping to get this sorted soon......any solicitors that may be between jobs looking to make a bit of extra cash would help too?? Cheers

Back