Leaving Vodafone and sharing my experience

It was great to read all your comments - am trying to leave vodafone to go to meteor bill pay and vodafone are being a right pain. Have been a customer for nearly 10 years and i am not happy. i am out of contract too. customer care couldnt give a toss.. am taking my business to meteor bill pay and dying to make the move. will be doing it next week!

Nice thread, I moved from vodafone to O2 simply because the bill option was cheaper.

I was with O2 once (first in fact!), but could never forgive them for charging me for accessing my voicemail! None of the others do!

vodafone i found were painful to deal with, switched to Meteor a few years ago, about 6 months into the contract, while killing time in a shopping centre went into a meteor shop, chancing my arm asked the manager for a free upgrade and they gave me one on the spot!

Yes, in my experience Vodafone are terrible to deal with, they couldn't care less about their customers.

That's interesting.

I just tried to upgrade my phone with Vodafone, and was initially refused too.

I gave the same spiel about being a long standing customer etc, and said I wanted to speak to a manager (on the phone), and if I didn't get upgraded I was going to take my business elsewhere.

I was put on hold for ages, then they finally agreed the upgrade.

Voila! I've a nice new phone now, thanks to Vodafone

:)

Nicola

Well done Nicola, but my real point wasn't about the upgrade; as I said, I was disappointed to be told 'yes', then later told 'no', but I'm a big boy and out of contract, so could go elsewhere if I wanted (but ironically I was actually trying to stay with them!).

My real gripe was what happened after that; a new customer could get a far better deal on a 12 month contract (€20 v €130) than I could as an existing one, and then to be told that if I left and came back later as a 'new' customer, to try and get the same terms, I would enjoy having a €400 security deposit slapped on my account!

I am amused too by how many negative experiences other former Vodafone customers seem to have had.

Very poor and short-sighted business tactics in my view!

Same thing on O2 aswell new customers get a better deal than existing customer renewing contracts.

As I said before, there is an old marketing adage which says that it's easier/cheaper to keep an existing customer than to win a new one, but to expand on that, once a customer has been lost, it's REALLY difficult to get him back!

As I said before, there is an old marketing adage which says that it's easier/cheaper to keep an existing customer than to win a new one, but to expand on that, once a customer has been lost, it's REALLY difficult to get him back!

studies in the UK have shown that people are more likely to get divorced during their life than change banks...

studies in the UK have shown that people are more likely to get divorced during their life than change banks...

I have changed banks many times in the past, simply in pursuit of better terms, but the last time I suggested it again it nearly ended up in divorce! Changing all those DDs again would do her head in!

Just to follow up on this, a few weeks after moving three family user accounts from Vodafone to Meteor, the OH got a text from VF saying that they're sorry to lose her as a customer! I'm disappointed I didn't get that message!! ;) (I have sent them a letter!)

Back