Leaving an unsatisfactory bank

M

Mabelturrety

You will note I did not say "changing banks". I know IFSRA have a fact-sheet about changing banks - the procedures, the logistics - but I would like to hear from people who have left or are eager to part company with a bank that's oh-so-willing to take their money but not up to scratch when it comes to dealing with customers' (quite modest in my case) needs/concerns. Perhaps my mistake is that I don't owe them any money?

Hi, I was with AIB for five years. Always had money in the accoutn availed of most of the services.... atm, laser, overdraft, internet banking, credit card but always found that they were never willing ti help or listen to my actual needs!!

Aib / boi are just too big for there boots and unless you hail from leafy blackrock etc there not interested. Switch banks its a bit of a pain to do but its worth it check out the offers around notable Permanent tsb, nib etc. Myself i switched to ulster bank and have found them to be very helpful and professional... makes a change to the brick wall i encountered in aib.

ps does anybody have anything good to say about the two biggest banks (Rip - offs) aib and boi. There bank charges are ridicilous, there loan interest rates are crazy and generally they don't give a damn. so give two fingers up to them and get yourself a better deal. i did and im glad im much better off.

Johnnybegood

[start rant]

Just for info - AIB and BoI don't give a toss even if you do hail from the leafy suburb of Blackrock!! - It all comes back to the old "80/20" rule - the banks make 80% of their profits from the top 20% of their customers - these are the people / companies they look after and sod the rest - Branches are now sales offices not customer service centres of excellence!

[end rant]

efm

"top 20% of customer" I would put a fair bet on it that the majority of these are from Blackrock, foxrock, stillorgan etc. I am not picking on these areas just out of spite its from experience. Go to a branch in blackrock its like heaven on earth go to a branch in say tallaght or lucan its totally different.

Open your eyes there is a social divide in dublin. thats just been realistic obviously soema reas are very affluent and therefore in my opinion and yes its only an opinion the banks take care of them better.

thats fair enough they generate most profit from these but its still no excuse to be treated like a second hand citizen by these so called "banks"

My eyes are well and truly open !

I know from experience you get the same crap treatment in BoI Blackrock that you get in BoI Lucan / Tallaght.

Just because you are from Blackrock or enter the Blackrock branch doesn't mean you get better treatment.

I gotta agree what is said above, AIB's customer service is rubbish, I made a complaint before in the Blanchardstown AIB about a staff person implying I was a liar and questioning if I was telling the truth about a transaction.

I complained a never heard a thing about it again, well I'm counting down the days till SSIA mature and then adidios to a sh*t bank. I have opened an account with NIB already, lovely people to deal with with none of the Q's.

I have opened an account with NIB already, lovely people to deal with with none of the Q's.

It's amazing what getting your ass kicked for robbing customers will do to reduce the Queues. :)

I reckon they are so paranoid at this stage that they might be the safest bank in Europe and with so few customers you might get almost personal attention. I'm still mulling the switch to NIB myself. Have been for a while.

-Rd

Agree with Digger.
Made switch from AIB Blanch to NIB Blanch.

Bye, bye to rude staff, bank charges and queues out the door.

Two years on I'm still very happy with NIB. Can lodge a cheque in less than 3 minutes, with AIB the whole ordeal at a bad time of day could take over an hour.

Back