Leaking pond!

tinkerbell

My small garden pond, lined with butyl? liner, has been leaking rapidly over the last few days. Suspected caused by puppy swimming therein!! That has been cured by rigid wire panels though a bit late Any ideas of what is safe to use to mend it hopefully before the fishies cant swim anymore thanks!!

Hi Tinkerbell,
there is a product that will do the job for you. I can't remember the name and my can of it is in the shed, and I'm not going looking for it now. Will have it for you tomorrow. It is a thick silver paste with fibers in it, you can put it down and cover with water immediately. Our pond is patched in a hundred places with it, and the fish don't seem to be affected. Mind you, these fish are with us a long time and have survived many trials. You might want to check with a pet shop for your own fish.

I've just gone on line, fresh from a trip to my shed, and I see you are live too...
Stuff is made by Panabond. " Water Stop, Rapid Repair Sealing Compound "
Wear Gloves. Put a stone on top of it until it has set. Get a paddling pond for that puppy!

Thanks so much for going to the trouble of finding the name. Yep puppy got her water wings alright and I suppose I am lucky the fish survived!! Thanks again!