Le Salt Lake in Les Arcs

D

dconwho

Hi all
I am new to the sale and leaseback idea and was wondering if anyone has heard of the new development at Le Salt Lake in Les Arcs. It is managed by Soderev who are part of Lagrange. The offer you 3% return with 6 weeks usage (2 weeks in each of low/mid and high seasons) or 4% return with no usage (although you would get 20% discount on any bookings with them). The local agent in Ireland is Hamilton Osborne King who I am dealing with.

Is [broken link removed] the development you're talking about ?

Yes, this is the development. I am looking at a two bed duplex with box room/alcove that could potentially take another bed. With a pull out sofa bed in the living area, it has the potential to sleep 7 (albeit very tightly) - but 6 is very possible.

This wouldn't be one that I'd go for myself. The resort is very small, and not year round.

Have you been over to see the area yet ? You should ask HOK to fork out for the airfare if you go.

There is a good thread on sale and leaseback in France, that might be of interest to you.

A 4% return for no usage is on the low side. You also need to consider the capacity for capital appreciation (it is after all, the figure on which your 4% will continue to be based). You also need to consider the track record ofthe management company (who would pay your 4% if the management company went belly-up?)

Consider also whether HOK's range is limited by comparson with what's available generally.

By your own admission, you are at an early stage of research into leasebacks so you would be well advised to consider advice from a number of sources and agents.

Try www.frenchbuy2let.com and www.themovechannel.com as alternative sources of advice if nothing else.

Le Salt Lake at Les Arcs

Thanks for the replies. Looknig at this discussion board it looks like there are better deals to be had so I should continue looking. The cost of flights to Geneva was a worry to me too. Where are Ryanair when you want them !!!
Anyone know of other ski resorts with good leaseback rates.

Re: Le Salt Lake at Les Arcs

When buying property abroad, Irish estate agents, in my own limited experience, have a very limited overpriced stock on their books

Back