Health Insurance Laya - text to claim ‘covid ‘ refund

cmalone

Hear people have a text from Laya and need login to claim refund. Is this a scam ? Surely Laya and other insurers know who customers are and will automatically refund ?

Not insured with Laya but it certainly sounds like a scam. Probably best to ring or e-mail them before proceeding.

Laya informed me money will be put into your bank account and for those that they dont have bank details for they will issue a cheque which may take a few days longer to receive. I have not received any Text from them , just an email a week ago informing me about the refund.

I didn't receive text but received an email telling me to record my bank details on their site so that they could credit the refund to my bank a/c. I did this on the Laya site not via any email link. I pay by credit card each year so they don't have my bank details. I don't recall if cheques were mentioned.

Well if they just login from a pc/laptop and not their phone they can check whether there is any information there. Don't respond to any text you don't know about and never click directly on a link in it. I got the email but maybe I have a preferance set to contact me by that means. OP most likely has it set to text.

I received the email. Seemed legit and it brought me to my laya account which seemed to have my other details so I believe it's legit.

Why do Laya need your bank details - if they already have everything - they know your personal details, type of cover , refund applicable , bank account details.., am I missing something ? What will happen any customer who doesn’t ‘apply’ for the refund due to them ? The insurer would have bank details for the majority of customers for payments to them / refund of everyday medical expenses etc

Why do Laya need your bank details
They don't.

You don't need to apply, unless they've said they're missing details.

The email I received said they already have my details, so I don't need to do anything. Only to log in if I want to review / amend the bank account details.

Perfect. Sounds appropriate. People who I was speaking with said they only got texts....

Yes refunded €65 1st MAY with two further payments due great paying for the home brew as I,m cocooning.
All i did was answer email and log in and out payment went in. Ah happy days catching up on garden painting my new hobby, well i stopped making wine in 2015 stored all the barrels bottles in attic. Had a first taste of Tempranillo i made in February start tasted on the 16th May. Yummy tastes like an Amarone Barolo needs more ageing. Well thats enough of me rawmaching.

Morning all, I was refunded my monthly payment On April 30th from Laya...Then on May 8th the money was taken out by Direct Debit? Is this correct or am I missing something? Is the money they are refunding, lodged into your account in case you can't pay your monthly premium after losing your job? So confused. Any help explaining this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Morning all, I was refunded my monthly payment On April 30th from Laya...Then on May 8th the money was taken out by Direct Debit? Is this correct or am I missing something? Is the money they are refunding, lodged into your account in case you can't pay your monthly premium after losing your job? So confused. Any help explaining this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

They still take the premium every month but currently you are being refunded a portion of the premium as the full range of services included in your policy are not currently available to you.

Back