Laya Laya: Simplicity Renewal 2018

Armada

Hi All,

I know a lot of us on here are on Laya's Simplicity plan (thanks to the expert advice and guidance given by Snowyb). I just got my renewal for Jan 2018 and it will increase to €204.31 per month for a couple.

Probably still represents good enough value for what seems to be a quality plan, but has anyone come across a newer/comparable plan which they can suggest for comparison purposes before I renew.

One issue I did come across during the year, was that when I was transferred from my own regional hospital to an orthapedic consultant in Blackrock Clinic for a second opinion, X-rays there had to be paid for on the day and then partly claimed back under the general policy excesses. Not a major dealbreaker and if the consultant had to have been able to give me an appointment in Tallaght for eg, I would have been covered fully under the direct payment scheme. Still cost me a few hundred euro on the day though.

Armada,

Nearest alternative plan to Simplicity is as follows;

1. Laya Simply Connect; price 1179pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, inpatient excess 150 x 2 max for admissions or
50 euro per day case procedure. Good day to day cover, 1 euro excess, max refund per year is 500 per person.
[broken link removed]

Note; Simplicity increased in price in April 2017, so you've escaped until Jan 2018, it is still good value cover all round as a corporate plan.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks snowyb, Both look very similiar and seem to be as you say, good value cover. Would you have a personal preference for one plan over the other?

I have been on both plans over the past few years and I renewed on 'Simplicity' plan in November 2017.
It came down to a minor detail, 100 euro for private/hi-tech hospital admissions compared to 150 euro on Simply Connect.

Just to note, the 500 limit for day to day cover on Simply Connect plan also includes x-rays, ultrasound scans as well as gp, consultant visits etc.
MRI scans are dealt with seperately and are fully covered directly in certain hospitals/scan centres.
On a positive note, only the first 1 euro is not allowed.
One of my own parents is on this plan, which works well for them.

With Simplicity, re day to day cover, the first 100 euro is not allowed.
On a positive note, there is a day to day expenses allowance of 7650 per year per person.
It also fully covers a private room in a private hospital, which is worth a lot in real money terms.
Although a private room may not be a priority on your list.

Hope this helps with your decision.

Snowyb

I'm new to the forum. I'm on the Total Health Plus plan renewal 1st January 2018. Thinking of changing to the Simplicity Plan. It looks better value, anyone have any thoughts ? Thanks

Hi Stroker,

Welcome to AAM. Yes, Simplicity is an identical plan hospital cover wise to your current plan. The only difference being the 100 excess
per person for day to day cover. On Total Health Plus plan, the day to day excess is 1 euro per person.
Pricewise there are savings to be made be switching.

[broken link removed]

Snowyb

Back