Laya Laya Renewal 2 Adults and 3 children

Mayogirl

Hello Snowyb,

You helped me last year and three years ago. Thanks for your advice.

My Laya policies will renew automatically on August 1st if I don't contact them to make changes.

The adults are on Connectcare 100 - 1358 per person
The children are on Assure Vitality. - 180 per child

I saw on another thread that there is a Laya policy called Simplicity which looks comparable to the Connectcare 100. Is it an alternative for the same level of cover? I couldn't understand the excess for 2 visits per annum - does this mean if you have 3 visits the 3rd visit is not covered or is it that there is no excess? Hopefully, we will not have any visits!

I think we need to stick with Laya for the adults as one or both may need orthopaedic cover.
Are these our best options?

Thanks in advance.

Mayogirl,

Yes, Laya Simplicity plan is a very good option. The 100 x 2 max excess per year means you only pay an excess for 2 admissions to any
private/hi-tech hospitals in one year. If you have more than 2 admissions, there is no excess to pay for the 3rd+ admission.
There is full orthopaedic cover on Simplicity plan, no excess or shortfalls apply to this type of surgery in any private or hi-tech hospital.
Good day to day cover - the first 100 not allowed.
[broken link removed]

The best value for the children from 1st August is with VHI, half price offers;
VHI allow children to be insured on their own, without an adult. An adult is just named on the policy but only the children are insured.
Also children can be on different plans to adults and each child can be on individual plans chosen to suit their health needs if required.

1. One + Plan; price 148pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission or day case.
2. One Plan Complete; price 168pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, no excess on this plan for private admissions or day case.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you so much Snowyb.

As the VHI swiftcare clinic is only going to be open to VHI patients from now on, would it be advisable for me to change to VHI? My husband will not switch from Laya as he wants the reassurance of orthopaedic cover.

Although I suppose if the children are with VHI it means at least we can use it for them.

Thanks again,
Mayogirl.

Mayogirl,

You are free to switch to VHI if you want, regardless if your husband wants to stay with Laya.
If you feel you want to have the option of going to a VHI Swiftcare clinic if required, then it makes sense to choose a VHI plan.

The following 2 options are worth considering;
1. VHI PMI 44 16; price 1112pa; all public, private(including private room) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission or day case.
2. VHI PMI 43 16; price 1171pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission and 50 per day
case.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Back