Health Insurance Laya insurance renewal

Zeus2020

Hi my insurance is up for renewal it’s 1450 and is simply connect just wondering if the is a better plan I’m getting older aNed don’t need maternity cover would be more interested in orthopaedic cardiac and cancer cover going forward any advice will be much appreciated

Hi my insurance is up for renewal it’s 1450 and is simply connect just wondering if the is a better plan I’m getting older aNed don’t need maternity cover would be more interested in orthopaedic cardiac and cancer cover going forward any advice will be much appreciated

Hi Zeus2020,

Simply Connect is currently renewing at €1361 up front or €1402, if paid by twelve monthly payments of €116.87.

It is one of the better corporate plans on the market and it ticks a lot the boxes mentioned by you in your post. It fully covers up to a semi-private room in private hospitals with €150 excess per claim on the first two private hospital claims per member per year; No excess applies to 5 orthopaedic procedures (hip and knee replacement) in 12 private hospitals. The everyday expenses excess is just €1 which means that If you have up to €1000 of qualifying everyday expenses you can claim €500 back.

At the price it is hard to beat for what it offers. There are cheaper plans available but they either have higher inpatient excesses or only cover 80% for Orthopaedics.

As regards Maternity cover: all plans from all providers must cover Maternity. There is no provision to opt out.

I hope this is helpful.

Back