Laya Laya Healthcare Flex 250 Plus alternatives

JohnJay

hi all,

the above plan is up for renewal and gone up by about €15 per month to €81.

single male, early 40's. No serious medical conditions. Never spent a night in hospital, and not planning to! Usually 2/3 GP visits per year plus 1/2 dentist. The odd trip to a physio.

I'm looking at Laya Precision 300 Create. Roughly the same price. Higher inpatient excess but better out patient cover.

Edit: Flex 375 Plus also looks like a good option. Very similar to what I have, but for €68 p/m

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
JohnJay,

I would recommend Flex 375 Plus as the much better option. Price 900pa.

Precision 300 Create compromises way too much on hospital cover. The slightly better out-patient cover does not justify the following list of
reduced hospital cover.
1. No cover for a private room in a public hospital.
2. Restricted list of private hospitals.
3. Restricted cover for hi-tech hospitals.
4. No day case cover in hi-tech hospitals.

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks for your reply, Snowyb.

I agree that the Flex 375 Plus looks like a decent plan. Does the dental claim cover routine cleaning/checking? thats 70/80 euro per visit on its own, plus 3 x 30 GP visits, it starts to look like good value

JohnJay,

Just to clarify, Precision 300 Create is the plan with better outpatient cover. Routine dental cleaning/check-up is covered on this plan.
While the outpatient cover is better, you will lose a fair amount of hospital cover on this plan(see list 1 to 4 above).

Flex 375 Plus plan is similar to Flex 250 Plus, slightly cheaper but with full hospital cover.
Personally, I would go for one of the Flex plans, with much better hospital cover but if you prefer to opt for Precision 300 Create with improved outpatient cover that's your own personal decision, once you realise what you're losing as well as gaining overall by choosing Precision 300 Create.

[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks again Snowyb.
Is there anything worth looking at from the other providers or am I better sticking with Laya?

I think Laya have best value all round for plans less than 1000 euro per year.
Alternatives to Flex 250 Plus or Flex 375 Plus as follows;

1. Flex 375 Explore; price 750pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, 375 inpatient private excess, day case private/hi tech excess 125/50.
This plan has no day to day cover but the savings overall will cover gp visits etc.

2. Control 300 Create; price 1039pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, 300 private/hi-tech excess, day case 125 per visit. Good day to day cover 80 refund per consultant visit, 30 per gp visit etc

3. Simply Connect; price 1063pa; public, private and hi-tech hospital cover, 150 x 2 max private excess, day case excess 50 euro per visit.
Good day to day cover, max refund 300 per year.

[broken link removed]

You could either drop day to day cover and use the savings 200approx to pay for gp visits, dental etc.
or
You could spend a bit more on a plan that ticks all the boxes.
or
You can stay where you are.

All the above options have good hospital cover as before.

Regards, Snowyb

Renewed today and moved to Flex 375 for 900pa

Thanks for your help Snowyb

That's interesting. Last year I paid €777.04 for my Flex 375 explore. I was originally quoted €971.30. I was moving from the Flex 250 Explore at the time but requested a new customer quote.

This year my new renewal quote has arrived. I am being quoted €973.36. A massive increase on the €777.04 paid last year.

Does anyone know if "renewal" quotes are coming in much more expensive than new business quotes this year.

If I look for an online quote for this plan it is coming in at €912.19 but I am being asked for €973.36 for the same product on renewal.

Back