Laya Laya health Ins renewal.

E cork

Currently on Laya Simplicity plan as recommended by Snowyb a few years go. We are two persons over 70 & this plan suits us fine, but the price hike this renewal puts us under pressure.
Can anyone recommend a similar but cheaper plan to suit two older people, one with a progressive disease which entails lots of consultant visits. The plan would have to have full cover for orthopaedics, ophthalmic and have at least 50% back on consultant visits & physio. Private rooms aren't necessary, but it would have to cover Bon Secours & Mater in Cork & Beacon in Dublin as current consultants are only attached to those Hospitals.
We have looked at the HIA site but it is very confusing.
Would welcome any advice please.

Currently on Laya Simplicity plan as recommended by Snowyb a few years go. We are two persons over 70 & this plan suits us fine, but the price hike this renewal puts us under pressure.

Asked for some advice re renewal of the above a few weeks ago, but none forthcoming.
Just to fill you in, I narrowed my search down to Simply Connect plus & Control 300 create.
Simply Connect Plus plan was just €63.28 cheaper than Simplicity, but there was a cap of €1000 per member on everyday expenses & a shortfall of €165 per night in the Beacon.
Control 300 Create at €2444.14 versus Simplicity at €2635.78 tempted me, but, the inpatient excess was €300 per claim & day case €125. Wouldn't be long adding up if you had a few overnights in hospital.
I am going to have to run with Simplicity again despite the increase as I haven't found a cheaper alternative to suit us as well.

Currently on Laya Simplicity plan as recommended by Snowyb a few years go.
Snowyb last posted in March so the age of enlightenment may have ended. It's back to largely flailing around at renewal time, especially now that the HIA has made a pigs breakfast of their website.

Last edited:
Back