Key Post Laya gives €100 if you take out a new policy, instead of renewing automatically!

Odea

I made a complaint. I could tell from their response that they didn't even try to understand my complaint or address it. They just offered me €50 in the form of a gift card and gave the usual "we have taken on board your comments" blah blah blah.

I got absolutely nil satisfaction from making the complaint nor any resolution....the thing is......I reckon that they knew this. It was their cynical way of saying....F off and stop annoying us. Here is €50 go off and spend it somewhere and leave us alone.

Bronco Lane

"Health insurer VHI has announced a refund for customers due to the continued reduction in claims because of the Covid crisis."

Are Laya refunding anyone money this year? If not I will be leaving them at renewal.

Starrynights

"Health insurer VHI has announced a refund for customers due to the continued reduction in claims because of the Covid crisis."

Are Laya refunding anyone money this year? If not I will be leaving them at renewal.

All insurers provided the first round of rebates. Only VHI gave out a second round and now this is their third round of rebates. Both Irish Life and Laya chose not to follow VHI in these rebates. Not surprising as they are both for profit entities, and will therefore just cash the extra money as profit, whilst VHI is not for profit. The only reason Irish Life/Laya would refund money is if there was sufficient pressure from their customers and/or pressure from what VHI are doing, which there doesn't appear to be enough of to bother them right now.

Bronco Lane

All insurers provided the first round of rebates. Only VHI gave out a second round and now this is their third round of rebates. Both Irish Life and Laya chose not to follow VHI in these rebates. Not surprising as they are both for profit entities, and will therefore just cash the extra money as profit, whilst VHI is not for profit. The only reason Irish Life/Laya would refund money is if there was sufficient pressure from their customers and/or pressure from what VHI are doing, which there doesn't appear to be enough of to bother them right now.
So when comparing my renewal at the end of the year I should factor in to the price comparison if Laya has given a refund during the year. I am not interested in helping to increase Laya's profits and will definitely be moving to the VHI.

Just to add. I have not even had the courtesy of a reply to an email sent to Laya's head of customer service about another issue. There is definitely an "attitude" in Laya.

Paul O Mahoney

So when comparing my renewal at the end of the year I should factor in to the price comparison if Laya has given a refund during the year. I am not interested in helping to increase Laya's profits and will definitely be moving to the VHI.

Just to add. I have not even had the courtesy of a reply to an email sent to Laya's head of customer service about another issue. There is definitely an "attitude" in Laya.
I think AIG went in saw the way it was run ,well in my view, and decided that all this good work needed to stop. Profits are more important than providing good health insurance and dealing with customers and their issues.

Landscape

Fyi, Laya have said they will be issuing refunds this year. Quoted from an Irish Times article 30th Mar 2022.

"Health insurer VHI on Monday announced a refund for customers due to the continued reduction in claims because of the Covid-19 crisis.

It said customers are in line to receive refunds of up to €300 per adult and a maximum €100 per child, depending on the type of policies they are on. Even those customers on its lowest plans will save up to €75 per adult and €25 per child following the announcement.

All customers who have a health insurance policy with VHI on May 1st will be eligible for the premium waiver and do not need.."

Landscape

The IT article is entitled "Laya Healthcare customers in line for support payments "

I quoted the wrong part of the article. In the article Laya say they will be contacting customers in coming weeks with details, but don't specifically say amounts.

Tintagel

Nobody from Laya has contacted me about refunds.

In fact I eventually found the name of one of their managers and sent him an email at the beginning of April (about something else) and to date not even the courtesy of a reply.

These are rapidly moving up to the top of the list for unhelpful companies to do business with.

almostthere

In fact I eventually found the name of one of their managers and sent him an email at the beginning of April (about something else) and to date not even the courtesy of a reply.
It took them 6 days to respond to an email recently.

almostthere

It took them 6 days to respond to an email recently.
To which I immediately replied and am now waiting since the 28th April for a reply to that email. And the only reason I had to send a second email was because the person I wrote to never answered the question I asked in the first place. So well over a month in total and I still have nor received a reply to my simple question asked.

They are the pits.

Odea

No refunds from Laya this year even though VHI did give refunds. I will definitely be shopping around at next renewal and will try and NOT renew with Laya.

Sue Ellen

Moderator.
@Odea

'No refunds from Laya this year even though VHI did give refunds. I will definitely be shopping around at next renewal and will try and NOT renew with Laya'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It would appear that Laya are now going to make a refund to people.

Laya healthcare is giving an additional member support benefit payment to our members. In the first week of July 2022, a once-off payment will be €85 for each adult member and €35 for each child member.

More info here
https://www.layahealthcare.ie/membersupports/