Laya Laya flex 250 explore alternatives

Goldenhoarde

Hi good AAM folks

Our policy is up for renewal 1st December and it would be 2 adults and 3 kids (3 to 8)

The renewal is 1118 per adult and 268 per child (3041)

Last year it was 949 per adult and 233 per child (2598)

Given the removal of cover in some of the private hospitals and price increase would there be a better choice.

I see the Vhi half price for kids is ending, is there a likelyhood of another similar offer before we renew. Or could I renew before the offer expires as its 100 euro a child cheaper for say one plan complete with VHI

Another question is can I have the kids with one insurer and the adults with another? Do all insurers in the market allow this?

Thanks in advance for any inputs

Hi Goldenhoarde,

Welcome to AAM. Regarding the children, VHI will continue a half price children's offer for 'One Plan Family' price 156 per child, into December.

1. One Plan Family; price 156 per child; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private/hi-tech excess 125 per admission or day case.
[broken link removed]

2 x Adults
If you wish to maintain full hi-tech hospital cover, as before, the following 2 plans are worth considering;

1. VHI PMI 44 16; price 1102pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission or day case.
2. Laya Control 300 Connect; price 1095pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess 300 per admission or
125 per day case.
These 2 plans also fully cover a private room in a private hospital.
[broken link removed]

If hi-tech hospital cover is not a priority, the following Laya plan, Essential Health 300, is worth considering;
3. Essential Health 300; price 932pa, all public, private and Beacon hospital covered, private excess 300 x 2 admissions max or 125 per private
day case.
[broken link removed]

You can insure the children with VHI while one or two adults can go with Laya. VHI is the only company that allow children to be insured on their
own without an adult. An adult is just named on the policy but just the children are insured. For the adults, you can choose individual plans
to suit your medical needs, if you like. For example, if one person is not fussy about hi-tech cover, you can mix and match to make extra
savings.

Snowyb

Last edited:
Thanks snowyb

That's a fantastic reply :) and gives me lots to look at over the next few weeks.

Its just so daunting given the sheer volume of plans etc that are out there.

Thanks again and after I posted last night your replies to other posters were very informative too.

Back