Health Insurance LAYA excess

Robzig

Just wondering how it works.

If I have a policy with a €100 excess and my partner has a similar policy, is the excess for us €100 or €200?

Policies are individual.

Ideally you'd have 2 different plans to suit individual needs.

Thanks Sue Ellen,

I think that LAYA's explanation is not at all clear - hence the question. Do you understand what they are saying?

My best guess of what LAYA is saying is that if the two policies are linked, the excess becomes €250. If this is correct, then why would a couple ever link policies?

Hi,

If I have a policy with a €100 excess and my partner has a similar policy, is the excess for us €100 or €200?

I'm insured with VHI so not totally familiar with Laya policies but my understanding is that in general the excess applies to the individual especially where as you say he has a similar policy so you have two separate policies and therefore two separate excesses.

My best guess of what LAYA is saying is that if the two policies are linked, the excess becomes €250. If this is correct, then why would a couple ever link policies?

Perhaps my interpretation is wrong but the €250 possibly applies to a family of two adults and whatever number of children.

It might be best for you to e-mail them and ask for a definite and clearer explanation :)

Back