Laya Laya Essential Connect Family vs VHI One Plan

Rower

Like many I am totally baffle by the PHI schemes on offer. Looking to switch to Laya's Essential Connect Family Plan (2200 for 2 adults/2 children) from VHI (1 HealthPlus Excess, 1 Teachers Plan 2 x One Plus children) as can't seem to find any significant differences in the plans except Laya's is 1000+ cheaper. In my mind the main considerations are 1) semi private room in private hospital, 2) cardiac cover & 3) orthopaedic cover. Not concerned over the bells and whistles.
Looking for advice please!

Having spent many hours trawling to find a new cheaper plan - having received my renewal notice for VHI Teachers Plan which I thought excessive - I joined Laya Flex 250 Explore which seemed to give similar cover much cheaper (for 1 adult e916.18). Got the following in an email from Laya after I had paid "I can confirm that you have continuity of cover except for certain orthopaedic and opthalmic procedures where a 2 year upgrade rules applies as you had a co-payment of 20% with VHI. This will apply if you currently have any existing symptoms regarding orthopeadic or opthalmic conditions and you have a procedure carried out in a private hospital.If you do not have any existing symptoms regarding these you will have immediate cover."
So am quite happy with the move as saved a good few bob but bear in mind the above quote from them if you have those conditions.

Back