Health Insurance Laya Control 600 Connect. Slightly better policy?

Grizzly

A number of years back SnowyB recommended this policy to me through AAM.

I think I have been on it for about 6 or more years, my wife also. (Separate policy).

We are now heading toward our mid 70's, with a few minor aches and pains.

I think that it is time to slightly upgrade our health insurance policies to a more suitable policy, just in case we need better cover.

Is this still a good policy for two 70 + year olds? Is there a similar policy out there offering slightly better cover? We both have GP cards, so more interested in out-patient and hospital cover plus consultants fees.

The Control 600 Connect policy has an excess of €600 for private and semi private, should we consider a similar policy with a smaller excess?

Any thoughts?

I have the same policy. I went on to the Laya website to find a list of their other policies but I could only find a page where I could compare my existing policy with a similar policy. It was a lower priced and a lower cover policy.

Is it possible to find a list of all of Laya's health policies on their website?

Is it possible to find a list of all of Laya's health policies on their website?
Here?
Otherwise, on the HIA comparison tool?

Thanks ClubMan.

Looking at my Laya Control 600 Connect policy. I have an excess of €175 and €600. Cost just over €95 per month.

Looking at similar policies, I can opt for a lower excess, but the monthly cost of the policy can be over €50 extra per month.

Do I pay more upfront, just in case I might need to go in to hospital or do I go for the higher excess with lower monthly outlay and gamble that I won't have to go in to hospital?

So far I have gambled and saved money but I feel that I this will not always be the case.

Back