Laya Laya (Adult) & VHI (kids) renewal

geriatric

Hi

Thanks again for your excellent advice in previous years.

My policies are due for renewal 1st Aug. I have my policy with Laya Precision Connect 150, my wives is Laya's Simply connect. My daughter's policies are both VHI's One Plan Connect, they are aged 13 and 18.

I see on an earlier thread VHI's PMI 4613 recommended for a young adult (19 yr), I assume this suggestion is also true for an 18 yr old.

Any advice on price and cover please?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks again for your excellent advice in previous years.

My policies are due for renewal 1st Aug. I have my policy with Laya Precision Connect 150, my wives is Laya's Simply connect. My daughter's policies are both VHI's One Plan Connect, they are aged 13 and 18.

I see on an earlier thread VHI's PMI 4613 recommended for a young adult (19 yr), I assume this suggestion is also true for an 18 yr old.

Any advice on price and cover please?

Thanks
Just noticed a few errors in my opening post....should be VHI's One Plan Complete and it should be VHI's 4316.

Apologies for the confusion.

geriatric,

For your 18 year old, she will move into the 'young adult' category for health insurance purposes.
The following plans are worth considering, including public,private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, day to day cover included, 1 euro excess.

1. VHI PMI 25 11; price 521pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 75 per admission or day case, excellent day to
day cover included - refund of 40 per gp or dental visit, 100 per consultant visit etc.

2. VHI PMI 41 15; price 474pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 75 per admission, day case excess 50 per visit,
good day to day cover included, refund 25 per gp or dental visit, 60 per consultant visit, etc.

3. VHI PMI 43 15; price 448pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission, day case excess 50 per visit, good day to day cover included, refund 25 per gp or dental visit, 60 per consultant visit, etc.

The following 2 plans cover public and private hospitals including Beacon hi-tech hospital. Limited day to day cover.
4. VHI PMI 40 15; price 374pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered, excess 75 per private admission or 50 per day case. Limited
day to day cover.

5. Start Plan 250; price 195pa; selected public and private hospitals covered + Beacon hospital. Excess 250 per private admission or day case
excess 150 per visit. Limited day to day cover.
NOTE; I'm not sure what location you're based in, but this plan covers a good selection(not all) public and private hospitals. Check both lists
of hospitals which may suit for an 18 year old, including the price.

[broken link removed]

Wife and 13 yr old;
For your wife and 13 year old, Laya Simply Connect would be the best option including hospital cover for all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals.
Also good day to day cover included. Child price; 275pa;
[broken link removed]

Husband
Finally for yourself, while Precision 150 Connect is an ok plan, there is an alternative option for a similar price 932pa which covers all private
hospitals. The one main difference is an excess of 300 x 2 max per year in private hospitals, day case excess 125 per visit. Details as follows;

Laya Essential Health 300; price 932pa(price from 1/7/2017) all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private excess 300 x 2 max per
year, day case 125 per visit. If you don't mind an excess of 300 if admitted to a private hospital for surgery, then this plan is a good option.
[broken link removed]

There may be further special offers for August which will be shown on the HIA/latest news section in the next 2 weeks, if applicable.

Hope this helps with your choices.

Snowyb

Hello Snowyb,

Maybe you can advise me too.

I just received my health insurance from renewal from Laya today. A body blow at €4,640.32 for our family of eight.
Our current plan is Simply Connect (all the family) but as of today is outside our family budget. We are located in Cork and would need access to the public/private hospitals there.

Breakdown as follows.
2 Adults
1 x 20 year old
1 x 18 year old
4 more kids ranging from ages 17,15,12 and 11.

Can you advise as to which companies offer the best cover for all of us please.

Rgds & thanks.

Snowy I bow to your knowledge and your willingness to help many like me.

I'll check these out. I've got to decide whether to renew before the price increase on 1st July (ie one month early) or wait for my renewal date in the hope there may be a child offer in Aug.

Many thanks

geriatric,

For your 18 year old, she will move into the 'young adult' category for health insurance purposes.
The following plans are worth considering, including public,private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, day to day cover included, 1 euro excess.

1. VHI PMI 25 11; price 521pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 75 per admission or day case, excellent day to
day cover included - refund of 40 per gp or dental visit, 100 per consultant visit etc.

2. VHI PMI 41 15; price 474pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 75 per admission, day case excess 50 per visit,
good day to day cover included, refund 25 per gp or dental visit, 60 per consultant visit, etc.

3. VHI PMI 43 15; price 448pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission, day case excess 50 per visit, good day to day cover included, refund 25 per gp or dental visit, 60 per consultant visit, etc.

The following 2 plans cover public and private hospitals including Beacon hi-tech hospital. Limited day to day cover.
4. VHI PMI 40 15; price 374pa; all public, private and Beacon hospital covered, excess 75 per private admission or 50 per day case. Limited
day to day cover.

5. Start Plan 250; price 195pa; selected public and private hospitals covered + Beacon hospital. Excess 250 per private admission or day case
excess 150 per visit. Limited day to day cover.
NOTE; I'm not sure what location you're based in, but this plan covers a good selection(not all) public and private hospitals. Check both lists
of hospitals which may suit for an 18 year old, including the price.

[broken link removed]

Wife and 13 yr old;
For your wife and 13 year old, Laya Simply Connect would be the best option including hospital cover for all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals.
Also good day to day cover included. Child price; 275pa;
[broken link removed]

Husband
Finally for yourself, while Precision 150 Connect is an ok plan, there is an alternative option for a similar price 932pa which covers all private
hospitals. The one main difference is an excess of 300 x 2 max per year in private hospitals, day case excess 125 per visit. Details as follows;

Laya Essential Health 300; price 932pa(price from 1/7/2017) all public, private and Beacon hospital covered. Private excess 300 x 2 max per
year, day case 125 per visit. If you don't mind an excess of 300 if admitted to a private hospital for surgery, then this plan is a good option.
[broken link removed]

There may be further special offers for August which will be shown on the HIA/latest news section in the next 2 weeks, if applicable.

Hope this helps with your choices.

Snowyb
Hi Snowyb

I've a couple of queries that I hope you can assist me with....
Do you think Laya's Precision 150 Total is a good alternative to their Simply Connect policy?

Also, I contacted Laya re their Simplicity product for my wife and discovered that the outpatient excess would be doubled from €100 to €200 because currently I have a policy (Precision 150 Connect) on the same account!! Surely this should not be allowed.

Thanks again

Geriatric

Back