latest eircom drive

S

sfag

I have had a cold caller coming to my door last night trying to lure me back to Eircom with an offer of around 29 E's a month for line rental plus all evening and weekend calls. Eircom being eircom there is bound to be an expensive catch so I didn't bother with it except now I'm sorry I didn't examine it further so I could perhaps give advice on it. If anyone else checks out this deal can you say what (if any) catches exist.

Employing a third party agent to sell these the service is allways suspect as they can make all kinds of verbal promises that are not supported in the final contract without incriminating the phone company itself so straight away that is one catch I suppose.

Eircom

Call them on 1800 200 300. Sounds like their talktime package. I signed up for it a few months ago, you get 300 mins a month off peak calls and line rental for 29.99 a month

Wouldn't it be great if you could rig your doorbell so that they would have to type in their name and query, and answer "yes" or "no" when prompted.........like 1901, when you are trying to get them to deal with an issue.....once you are a customer.

Love

The Smart to Smart thing is great. Just get the people you call most to sign up to smart, and all your calls are free! - yes, that's right, absolutely free. Terms and conditions apply.

Re: 1901

Wouldn't it be great if you could rig your doorbell so that they would have to type in their name and query, and answer "yes" or "no" when prompted.........like 1901, when you are trying to get them to deal with an issue.....once you are a customer.

That would make a great comedy sketch wouldn't it! Leave them standing on the door stop (put them on hold) and then 5 minutes later your spouse/partner sees to them and says that they have to pass them on to somebody else as that's not their department - "Please hold". Rinse and repeat a few times. See how much they like it.

Called the 1901 thing yesterday, you have to talk to the machine, its very strange, it asks you a questions, would you like a,b or another query? You then 'speak' to select the option. I thought it was funny, it kept saying 'wonderful' when you answered!!!

Next time they knock on your door tell them to come in, you're
interested. Then get THEM to ring 1901 and tell them that you'll talk to them after they manage to get a human on the other end of the phone.

-Rd

Hmm all entertaining suggestions.

Alternatively you could try out the UTV Talk package that gives you free phone calls (up to 59 mins per call then hang up and redial to get another 59 free minutes) to any landline in Ireland and the UK. It costs the same line rental as Eircom (€24 approx per month) and gives you the same as talktime but €5 cheaper. Plus daytime calls are 10% cheaper than Eircoms stated rates, mobiles are 5% cheaper than Eircom rates. I wish I was getting commision on all this :) Still anything (legal!) that hurts Eircom is worth doing as far as I'm concerned.

Seems like a better deal to me. Not to mention you stop them calling you or calling to your door for 3 months once you swap over to another provider.

Back