Latest 2 year fixed rates

Petal

Hi guys,

more info to fuel the "should I fix" debate... PTSB have just increased their 2 year fixed rate to 4.25% (from 3.84), ICS have not yet, but are bound to follow suit very shortly. 3 days ago NIB still offered 3.6% (APR%) but they only do 30 year term, whereas the other two do 35 year terms. I don't know their rate as of today, but it won't be long there either I would guess...

So unless you do have a mortgage already with ICS or NIB or are about to draw down your mortgage fix asap (if that's what you want to do), otherwise for people just arranging a mortgage (like myself) there is little point at this stage to think about it further...

But their website still states 3.84% fixed 2 year for new business? Are you talking of people who are already on tracker rates?

Deisce said:
But their website still states 3.84% fixed 2 year for new business? Are you talking of people who are already on tracker rates?

No, the rate is for anybody. It has just gone up, I was advised by my broker, who tried to book the "old" 2-year fixed rate for me.

I was told that today too, that most of them are likely to change in next few days

Back