large amount to invest , best option ?

samfarrell

hi
i have around 500k to invest. there seem to be so many options out there with higher interest rates available for large sums deposited. my question is if i would be see a better return on property, or deposited ?
i am not confident enough yet to hand it over to a managed fund

about 5 years. even if i was only able to access the interest it would be fine for ten years

ok thanks
i intend to get some independent financial advice but i am little worried i might be sold a product that the advisor may be getting commission from
any ideas ?

Go to an advisor who is paid a fee by you-in short, you should seek someone with Authorised Advisor status.

If you can get a minimum of 100% invested, and the fund 'ticks all the boxes' for you, then you should not go far wrong.
An authorised adviser would be suitable.

could you say roughly what the % return on a high yield fund like this would be annually ?
thanks

The aim would be to get 6% to 8% total return per annum over five to ten years...with a high yield fund you should be able to take an income from the fund over the investment period.

I am not quoting anything.

I am estimating a return of 6% to 8% gross annual on a high yield equity fund.

Don't worry-I wasn't looking for business-an estimate is fine.

Depending on the structure of the fund, could returns be taxed at the individual's marginal rate, therefore negating much of the excess return over a cash deposit?

The savings rate (23%) would apply to growth on these funds - so long as it was structured correctly.

Back