Landlord/Rent Allowance/Registered PRTB.

Sue Ellen

Moderator.
Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some info. pse.

Just checking up on a local landlord that we have had problems with in the past - lack of interest and not willing to deal with troublesome tenants - just wants the money and no trouble. Has told us its up to us to sort out any problems with the tenants!

I see they have advertised recently looking for rent allowance tenants. Does this mean that they are definitely paying their due taxes and are most likely registered with the PRTB or does one not necessarily go hand-in-hand? Am I right in thinking that the register maintained by the PRTB is not available for public view and they do not provide this info.

Is there any other way to make sure that they are paying their correct taxes? I think I have read on this site in the past that people felt when they wrote to the tax office about landlords not doing so that they felt nothing happened?

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, the PTRB can tell you if a landlord is registered, but it is possible that the landlords documents have not been processedyet as they still have a bit of a backlog. However there is no guarantee that the PTRB will pass this information to the revenue.

Thanks for the reply liquid. Just wondering if anyone else can confirm if the PRTB do make the list of registered landlords available for public viewing. I had understood that it was not available.

Back