Landlord Raising Rent:So Im leaving, Now LL wont give deposit back.

what the ll can do is change the locks as your squatting if you dont pay.
Wrong again. I´m not sure what your comment even has to do with the OPs problem since there was no question of them not paying the rent.

Your advise should come with a major warning sign. Your comment above, for landlords to take the law into their own hands by changing the locks, would result in an illegal eviction. The PRTB can award penalties of up to EUR 20,000 if a landlord was to follow this line of action.

what the ll can do is change the locks as your squatting if you dont pay.

Please stop posting misinformation. You're completely wrong and obviously are not familiar with the legislation governing this area. If you want to inform yourself, please read the Residential Tenancies Act 2004, the guidance notes, and look at the PRTB and Threshold websites.

I really hope you don't have tenants.

has anyone experience with reporting tax evasion to revenue?

Radwanska you asked in one of your posts about reporting tax evasion to revenue. Any citizen can make a report to revenue, just ring them and say that you want to make a concerned citizen report. They wont tell you of any outcome, but do it anyway please.
I am a landlord myself and this sort of action by any landlord needs to be stamped out. I have several tenants on a much lower rent than market value for several years now, but they keep my places in tip top condition and the low rent far out weights the cost of sorting a house out after a bad tenant. So again even if you have moved out report the son of a bxxxh.

I think i read recently that Revenue are now checking out Facebook and internet sites to find tax dodgers! Ecstatic if you are following your own advice and do own eleven properties then i think there is a good chance you are going to get tripped up sooner or later and more than likely by your own tenants or perhaps your postings on chatrooms may prompt an investigation. The cost and penalties could be much higher in the end.

Yes revenue would be very interested to get this landlords details, you probably don't have his PPSN though if there was no contract signed? I myself would not get involved with someone who does not follow the rules though from the offset. No contract means they are not declaring so you can't be too surprised when they start messing you about.

Back