Landlord Insurance

cremeegg

I have been ringing around for quotes on insurance for a rented property.

Semi d rebuild cost €140,000 with no or minimum contents cover. Best quote is €415, thats €2.96 per thousand insured.

I also received quotes over €700 for the same thing from other insurers. Can anyone tell me if this is reasonable or if I keep going am I likely to find a better price.

try 123.ie, they appear to be the cheapest at the moment.

I was quoted €440 for €200,000 thats €2.20 per thousand with Chill (Zurich).

Why no contents cover?

I was quoted €440 for €200,000 thats €2.20 per thousand with Chill (Zurich).

Why no contents cover?

Because all you are covering is the white goods and furniture in the property. And a lot of people probably consider the value negligible.

Reactions: jim
Because all you are covering is the white goods and furniture in the property. And a lot of people probably consider the value negligible.

I am dealing with a fire claim for a landlord who did not have contents cover.
Between carpets curtains white goods and other furniture he is down €15000
I would highly recommend that you insure the contents.

What is the story with the alarm discount on a rental property? If the tenant doesn't put it the alarm the insurer could refuse to pay out. Is there any point in claiming the alarm discount?

That sounds excellent to me, but it would wouldn't it as I've little choice in insurance as I have to pay a premium for being abroad. But I did get a new roof out of it not long ago, after a storm one xmas. And a long time ago I nearly enough to pay for chimney repair after it was damaged by going on fire. Insurance companies are very tough to negotiate with nowadays.

Bear in mind your €415 is an allowable expense so depending on your circumstances you are getting it at around €200. God, landlords have it every way don't they