Landline blocking outgoing call to individual mobile number

MrEarl

Hello,

I've a landline, and a mobile phone.

I can call the landline, from the mobile, but I cannot call the mobile, from my landline.

The problem appears to be unique to not being able to call one specific mobile number. Its not a signal / coverage issue.

I've checked the mobile handset, and the landline number is definitely not blocked.

I've checked with both mobile and landline service providers, and both swear that they haven't blocked the mobile number from receiving calls, from the specific landline.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I resolve this problem please?

Many thanks

That's very odd. Ok, a long shot ............ try blocking the landline on your mobile now .......... and then unblock it. See if that works.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

It was worth a try, but unfortunitely no joy.

I continue to get a tone (each time I dial the specific mobile number) like the one you get when a number has been disconnected / not in service.

Hi

I assume it is an Irish mobile. Have u tried putting the Irish prefix in just to see if that works ... 00353xxxx.

btw .. I am assuming u can call the mobile from other landlines or mobiles without any issue.

Hello,

Tried adding the country code, but no joy.

Yes, I can receive calls from other landlines, on the mobile.

It is an Irish based landline, dialing an Irish network mobile, that I'm having the issue with.

That sure is a puzzle, Mr Earl. If I think of anything else I will let u know.

If u didn't already do so ... it might be worth powering off/on your mobile after u did that block/unblock exercise a few mins ago.

If u had a spare mobile I wonder what would happen if u put the current sim into the spare phone and tried calling the number.

Was the mobile number ported between operators in the past? I've had very similar with Eir and a mobile number ported from them could not be dialled from an Eir landline it took months to sort and apparently part of the port failed internally so basically the call was being misrouted when called from an Eir landline. Do you know anyone else with the same landline provider? If so see can they reproduce.

Hello,

It's a copper wire landline. Sky provide the service (over Eir's infrastructure). Have been with them for quite a few years, with no issues.

The mobile number has been with the same network (Vodafone), for several years. The problem has only popped up on recent times - previously worked fine (long, long, after it would have been ported to Vodafone).

Haven't tried the sim in a different handset, but might, when time permits....

@MrEarl after all the usual tips/tricks/local fault finding have been exhausted :-
I have seen this before and usually there is no traceable reason for it, however it has been solved by changing the 'LI' ( line interface) in the exchange. The handiest way to get this done would be if you know somebody in Eir, maybe one of the local technicians ?

It is a simple 5 minute job, but getting it done may not be...........

Back