Land Registry - expected wait time?

noelÓm

I purchased a house late last year. It had been sold previously and so is already on the Land Registry system.

How long should it take for the Land Registry to process this change of ownership?

If I wanted to switch my mortgage, would I have to wait until the Land Registry has green lit the transfer of title?

Anecdotally, it looks like there is a current wait time of approximately of about 5-6 months for simple dealings.

If you wanted to re- mortgage before the Dealing is completed, the solicitor you used would probably be willing to do that.

Another new solicitor would prefer that the Dealing is completed before undertaking the transaction.

mf

Anecdotally, it looks like there is a current wait time of approximately of about 5-6 months for simple dealings.

If you wanted to re- mortgage before the Dealing is completed, the solicitor you used would probably be willing to do that.

Another new solicitor would prefer that the Dealing is completed before undertaking the transaction.

mf
Is the logic that my solicitor has already confirmed that last year's transaction is in order and so they should be in a position to re-assure a new bank that I more or less own the house? A new solicitor might not be happy to make that jump without full knowledge of what went on in the last sale?

Your own solicitor knows the title and can deal with queries from the Land Registry , if any, that may arise.

A new solicitor doesn't know the title - they'd be reluctant to take on another solicitor's dealing.

mf

has anyone currently mortgaged and how long did that take?

We are in the process of re-mortgaging and solicitor mentioned months could take for the mortgage to be registered in Land Registry.

I switched mortgage in 2022 Q1, moving from UB as they are leaving Ireland.

The Land Registry, or any possible delays, was never mentioned by the sol.

So it wasn't an issue.

Back