Land Ownership question.....

S

seaview

Hi All,
If someone can answer this I would appreciate it...

In the late 1950’s my parents bought a house on the south side of Dublin! At the time when they were built rear entrance garages and a laneway was provided at the back of them. Initially behind the laneway was just derelict land, but a few years after the houses were built a wall was constructed and some time after that houses were built on the other side of the wall! I remember many years ago my mother mentioning that the wall had not been built in the correct location with the result that some ground belonging to the houses on our road was left behind the wall!

It’s not much ground, perhaps a few feet, if her statement is correct at all! However, before I go researching, is it way to late to do anything about it as presumably it should have been dealt with all those years ago? The reason is that both my parents are dead and I have started using the garage and it is awkward to get the car in and out whereas if the wall had of being another few feet back it would be no problem!

The laneway was originally a private laneway but Dublin Corporation someone got there hands on it in the 80’s so it is effectively taken care of by them now. Why they wanted to do this I have no idea, but do it they did! The implication of this is that if my mother is right then part of our land was taken anyway, even if it was by the Corporation!

Thanks for your help!
Joseph!

Back