Kitchen Supplier

O

Once Bitten

Anyone any experience of the kitchens from Richwood in Croom Co. Limerick. The one we have been looking at will be imported from a factory in Italy, looks the best of all the ones we have priced, comes with Ferrari hinges (hmm) and is competitively priced.

Richwood seem to have a good reputation and are doing a lot of work in the K Club at the mo.

Comments on Richwood itself or on foreign kitchens generally much appreciated.

Probably not relevant but you may find something useful here or

Is this for real!!

Am I reading an extract from an Absolutely Fabulous script "....Richwood....imported from Italy...Ferrari hinges....K club....at the mo"

....please!

Re: Is this for real!!

What kind of comments would you like on foreign kitchens?

What can you buy abroad that you can't buy here in Ireland, that's been manufactured in Ireland?

Is this for real!!

If I was looking for an editor, I wouldn't have posted here.

Never saw 'Absolutely Fabulous', but sounds great.

Brummmm !!

Once Bitten

A friend of mine has bought one from them, he's well impressed, or shall I say, He says his missus is well happy !!

I'll be looking at kitchens soon and was wondering roughly what kind of prices are you talking about for one of their ferarri's ?? My mate was a bit coy when I asked him and avoided the question.

Cheers,
FH.

Brummmm !!

FH,

Glad to see someone with constructive interest here.

We're looking at approx 15 ft x 15 ft "L" shape with a door in the middle of it, and an island unit. They asked our price range and we said less than 10k.

They came back with one quote for 7.5K and another for 10.5K, so they didn't go mad. The choice of wood in both cases was cherry, with the cheaper being a matt traditional finish and the dearer one being a more veneer look. Also accounting for the differences were the dearer version including a set of (4) stools for the island, better drawer mechanisms, (dare I say it) the ferrari hinges, and a more intricate cut than the standard shaker.

Anyway, comparing them to the other quotes I got,
¬ Cash & Carry was 6K installed without sink for an oak finish (Cherry dearer)
¬ A crowd in Cork 9.5K
¬ A crowd in Clare 10.5K

They all quoted granite at 3500.

It is not that we sat down and said we need to import a kitchen, but went to the showroom, picked out what we liked and it happens to be from Italy (scavolini).

Once Bitten,

My mate got the Cherry kitchen - It looks really class. A real nice effect, and nice retry handles too.

But those prices are sending a shiver down my back.
10K for a kitchen !!

How did you find them to deal with ?
My advice - It's a lot of cash to hand over - Have a good look around first. There's surely more than 3 or 4 Kitchen providers in our area.

My brother in law, has a fantastic one, got it about 2 yrs ago, cost about 8k, but it looks 10 times better than above, and his kicthen is quiet big.

I'll get a name and post back later !

Back