Kill, Co Kildare

laura28

Hi All,
Currently looking at houses in Kill, Co Kildare. Village seems nice & still appears to be good value for houses, in particular looking at the new Cavan Developments development of Killheale Manor. Any thoughts/opinions greatly appreciated. Is the N7 travelling from town/red cow a nightmare at 5/6 in the eve?

Thanks guys!

Travelling back can be an issue but the main delays are on the Naas bypass itself, it can and does get backed up to Kill and before it but obviously you will be pulling off earlier. work on the M7 will begin shortly as well for the next 2 years to add an extra lane so longer term that will improve it

Kill is nice but really it's a suberb of Naas these days. One thing to watch out for is the issue at Kerdiffstown and the dump just outside Naas. There have been persistent complaints of smells there but I don't know if it travels as far as Kill

Thanks very much for your reply thedaddyman. I am familiar with the traffic on the N7 - I currently drive as far as Rathcoole, with no traffic it's only an extra 7/8 mins to Kill. Am just afraid of the extra few miles putting 25/30 mins on my commute. I hadn't heard of the dump/smell so will investigate that further.

Are you living in Kill yourself?

Thanks very much for your reply thedaddyman. I am familiar with the traffic on the N7 - I currently drive as far as Rathcoole, with no traffic it's only an extra 7/8 mins to Kill. Am just afraid of the extra few miles putting 25/30 mins on my commute. I hadn't heard of the dump/smell so will investigate that further.

Are you living in Kill yourself?

No but used to live near Naas and in Sallins. I passed by the Round Ball on Saturday morning on the m7 and the stink was atrocious

more here

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/2016/08/26/fury-over-new-dump-planned-for-naas-town/

We're looking at the same development, the big concern for me is secondary schools. How easy is it to get to St. Marys in Naas and how likely is it to have a child accepted there before we move down.

Thanks for the replies - defo some issues to consider there.
MasterK - Are you looking at a 3 or 4 bed? We are very undecided....

Undecided as well, they are exactly the same size. I believe there are only 2 left so we may wait until the next phase.

Yes I only fear that the price will increase as well as it has already gone up since the first phase. We have thought about getting a 3 bed and then having the attic converted. Do you mind if I ask if you commute towards the city? I am working in town and used to travelling to the red Cow Luas from from Citywest but obviously Kill is further down a busier road...

Back