Kildare Planning Advisor

mike79

Hello,

I'm looking to touch base with someone in the Kildare area with experience of Kildare Co Co.
Basically, I am looking to buy a small site to build on and would appreciate the advice of someone who has dealt with the council and knows their requirements.

Thank you.

I talked to Brian Connolly Associates about planning a year or so ago and found them excellent. It was a simple enquiry over the phone and they followed up with all the detail I was looking for on email. I just found them helpful and knowledgeable.

As you probably know if your site is outside residentially zoned land you will have to meet local needs requirements to have any chance of getting planning permission for a one off house in a rural area.

If I remember right there are different rules for south v north Kildare.

I talked to Brian Connolly Associates about planning a year or so ago and found them excellent. It was a simple enquiry over the phone and they followed up with all the detail I was looking for on email. I just found them helpful and knowledgeable.

As you probably know if your site is outside residentially zoned land you will have to meet local needs requirements to have any chance of getting planning permission for a one off house in a rural area.

If I remember right there are different rules for south v north Kildare.
Much appreciated.
From talking to a few people it would seem fairly futile.
Thanks though, I will give Connolly & Co a call to see if there would be any light at all at the end of the tunnel.

EDIT: Connolly Associates site seems to be not available -

Last edited by a moderator:
Their number is

If you could find a site with even a ruins of an old house you would have a good chance of getting planning.

Back