VHI Kids:One plan complete vs simply connect plus

Familyof3

Hi all,

It’s renewal time again!! 2 adults and 2 kids.
Thinking of switching the kids from simply connect plus to one plan complete. They have under 6 gp cards but I have paid and claimed back a fair bit (50%)
on extra vaccinations so don’t know if I will save much as hoping to get chicken pox one this year.
The saving of switching is €243.
Hospital cover wise is there much of a difference?

One adult is on pmi4316 and other adult on simply connect. Thinking of moving other adult to pmi4316. Swiftcare clinic is the main reason. Laya did explain they are opening quickcare but not 100% sure on details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Familyof3,

The hospital cover is similar between Simply Connect Plus and One Plan Complete. The main differences are the private excess on Simply Connect
Plus and no excess on One Plan Complete. Also the day to day cover on Simply Connect Plus.

VHI PMI 43 16 is similar in cover and price to Simply Connect so its a good move if the Swiftcare Clinic is important to you.

Also, from 31 December 2017, day to day cover on PMI 43 16 changes from 25 per gp visit to 50% refund unlimited visits.

Full details as follows;
https://www.hia.ie/news/vhi-benefit-changes-31122017-and-01012018

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks snowy

I am just a little worried of shortfalls with vhi?
I saw another vhi plan which is slightly cheaper “company plan plus level
1.3”

In relation to children I see the one + plan have chicken pox vaccine included.....does one plan complete? I will definitely be paying for this vaccine this year.

Back