Key Post: Property Investment in UK

>

Property price in the UK are not going up they have reached their limit. However UK interest rates are going to rise again next month.

National prices rose by 0.1% from December to January to 0.3%, demand is high, sells are taking 5 weeks: no sign of interest hikes having much effect.

A point worth making is that typical repayments are historically low at about 14% of gross household income compared with 21% averaged over the last 20 years.

(All info from Hometrack and Halifax reports.)

>

Can you post the link from Hometract and Halifax reports please?

>.

The names are not aliases, I have them all on my birth certificate unlike some poor fortunate who only have one Christian name?

Other people are entitle to post their most up to date research articles as well as you Hooper and just because it is contrary to your piece you make assumptions there must be something untoward!!!!

J/J/M: I didn't say it was untoward trying to give the impression you are three different people.

Nationwide has said that growth is slowing, but this has been exaggerrated in some headlines. Their group economist says: "Looking forward, we see the labour market remaining positive and any increases in base rates having only a relatively small negative impact. "

[broken link removed]

>.

What has the English Nationwide got to do with the Irish Market the bbc programme however some of it relates to the Irish Market not the Nationwide. Perhaps next time you will post some info from a Irish Building Society such as the Irish Nationwide?

Re: >.

The title of this topic is "Property Investment in UK"! :|

J/J/M: don't you 'contribute' on irishpropertynews.com?

.>

Is there a law against it? Have you been appointed to police the boards and vet people who should contribute on them???

Re: houses in Manchester

Sorry for the delay.
Houses in Manchester
Contact Donal Garvey
087 2561018

houses in Manchester

No web-site or e-mail.
You will have to phone him on his mobile 0872561018, or call to his office in Ballincollig Co Cork.
His buisness is Mortgage and finance.

Regards
Derry

Hi Dripsey - He doesn't just operate off a mobile number, I presume? He does have an office, landline phone, membership of appropriate professional organisation, authorised by IFSRA, doesn't he? It would be sheer madness to enter into a substantial financial transaction with anyone who operates solely off a mobile phone number.

And did you get a chance to give more details on the 'guaranteed rent' scheme from the UK Government that you mentioned above - Is this like the Irish health board schemes? How long is the rent guaranteed for? How are price increases set? What is the official name of this scheme?

Just wonering if the original poster has any up to date news on this? We are considering a similar invstment in the UK, possibly Leeds.

well realistically it'd take us a few months to find somewhere and arrange the finance so it night be worth looking into. As long as we can get enought rent to cover the costs (and taxes) I'm looking long term income stream rather than short term capital gains.

Back