Key Post: Garden Furniture/Toys

S

sueellen

anyone know where i can info on garden play equipment for under 10's.
Thanks

Garden play equipment

A good site is
[broken link removed]

Dealings

I bought a go kart and swing from Rosville. They guy that runs it will deliver pretty much nationwide.
There may be an extra charge but it is still cheaper than main retailers.
Also he will make the kart up for you in advance as when you buy from Smyths and similar you have to assemble them yourself.This can be a pain and if your like me, you prefer to keep things simple.

S

Climbing Frames from TP

It seems as if "TP" have low-end of the climbing frame market cornered. At least that seems to be the case after visits to Early Learning Centre and Smyths in Dublin.

The prices though are a bit steep for someone who makes Scrooge look like a philanthropist. The question is does anyone know a way around paying €50 for the "TP platform". Bascially this is just a square piece of PVC about 3 feet by 3 feet that attaches onto a square tower frame (horizontally). Can I just fashion one of these myself ... and still be safe, effective and aesthetic. Would I use PVC or would canvass be better? likewsie they charge about €50 - €60 for the ropes for the monkey frame. Presumably I can just buy rot-free & peel-free ropes a whole lot cheaper and just tie them.

Another question is ... is there a cheaper place outside Dublin for buying these? Basically Smyhts are charging €400 for what I want (a climbing frame, with small tents, monkey frame).

Janet
Swings & Slides

Anyone know any web site that has a selection of garden play equipment ?
Thanks
J

heinbloed
swings and slides

Try to avoid treated timber.

Janet
Swings & Slides

Had a look at www.rosville.ie and it had what im looking for.A large slide and 5 child multiplay.
Thanks for the help.
J

irisheyes40
Garden equipment

I don't have a website to add but we have a TP climbing frame and also a swing in the garden. Both have been added to over the years and have survived about 7 winters now with very little visible wear. I'd recommend them highly. Available from Smyths and Nimble Fingers.

AMB
Climbing frame for a small garden?

Can anyone recommend a climbing frame for a small garden? or a company which will custom build them.

I am going to have a very diappointed four year old

Thanks in advance.

icantbelieveitstaken
Re: Climbing frame for a small garden?

www.tptoys.com/

We got a climbing frame and swings from Smyths last year, best present the kids ever had, easy enough to assemble as I managed it on my own.
- icantbelieveit

Christy
Re: Climbing frame for a small garden?

Got a set recently from [broken link removed] a bit expensive but it really is a nice piece of garden furniture, they can make any size you want.

Some other posts

Jildy
Frequent poster
Garden Furniture

I am thinking of buying some timber garden furniture in the new year (table and chairs). I am a bit short on storage space so I would like to be able to leave them out over the winter months etc... Is there any particular type that is suitable for this??

Thanks,

Jildy.

Chrisb
Re: Garden Furniture

Get thick and solid timber, preferably oak. It also needs to be treated for outside weather conditions. You will probably have to treat it regularly as well, every 1 to 2 years. So when you go to the shops make sure you lift the table and chairs, they should be as heavy as possible. If you can easily pick them up and move them then they are "probably" not suitable.

sueellen

You're possibly buying at the wrong time of the year (November) and the selection IMHO would not be great. Best time for bargains is normally in Sept. preferably after a wet summer and they will have plenty of surplus stock.

neonitrix
Frequent poster

We just bought a garden bench which was priced at €260 during the summer for €100 including delivery it arrived flatpacked at my request and I covered it with plastic and left it against the back garden fence. Will put it together in the new year - its treated timber and covered in plastic there isnt much going to get at it. saved 160 quid - not bad

Bought from mannor stone near portlaoise.

Too bad I cant find a deal on a garden shed this time of year - could do with one but dont fancy the prices they are trying to charge me.

Neonitrix

Back